- Do people know how to listen and speak to each other?
- Do the individuals in the organization work well with diverse members?
- Do people have free access to one another throughout the organization?
- Are they trusted with open information?
- Do organization values bring them together or keep them apart?
- Is collaboration truly honored?
- Can people speak truthfully to one another?
The challenge for leaders is to recognize that the capacity of an organization is reflected in the relationships of its members. Paying attention to and promoting the quality of relationships within the organization becomes an essential role of leadership!
*Leadership and the New Science, Wheatly